Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Attacked at the grocery store.
This morning I got up a little after 5 so that I could make it to the gym for a workout. I made it and while I was doing the elliptical machine I got a craving for hot chocolate. What a perfect day for a good cup of hot chocolate it is just starting to get cold outside and I am trying to stay away from coffee. I had plenty of time to run to a local grocery store by the gym. I walked in and was bombarded by Halloween Candy (Side note: Yesterday I got a major craving for some candy. I asked around work but no one had any candy. Luckily Shane and I had a tour of Missouri Baptist Maternity ward and I knew I would find candy at the gift shop. I had four piece of laffy taffy it was great.) Anyway they had sooo much candy it was unreal. It isn’t even October yet!!!!! I stayed strong and went the location where I thought the raisins were. I was wrong it was the bulk candy. I said to myself that is a better idea then a bag of candy, so I got a few piece of candy for later that day. I was on my way to the fresh fruit. In one of the coolers were fruit or vegetables should be was more CANDY. I kept right on moving. Then I walk past a cart of coffee cake with nuts. It looked so freaken’ good (at this point I realized I was very hungry and in trouble). Past the coffee cake were donuts. They all looked good. I wanted one so bad that I stayed there for a while thinking about it. Then I thought to myself “Why did I just do all of the exercising if I was going to blow it with one food”. I moved on past the Little Debbie cakes and the cookie dough. I did make it to the hot chocolate and bonus it was on sale. Then I was off to find cereal and raisins. Cereal is smartly placed by the candy (so that kids ask for candy when their parent go to get them cereal). I just looked away and pushed on. I had to ask an employee about the raisins because they were no place to be found. He said, “They are back by the produce”. He should of say “Go past the Little Debbie cakes and cookie dough, take a right at the donuts and coffee cake and go past the Halloween candy”. I had to go all the way back. Well this time I went around and pasted the deli and meat section. That wasn’t much better everything just looked so good.
I made it out of the store with everything on my list plus 3 cans of soup.

2 comments:

Becky said...

You're so strong!

msrstl said...

What can I say...it's a jungle out there in candyland