I am done!!!! There I said it and this time I mean it. Three strikes equal an out in baseball so I figure that three strikes with lactation are the same. Sam isn’t nursing anymore. Well to be honest she might nurse for five minutes. My co-worker that is a lactation consultant said (4 weeks ago) that she might be self-weaning. I didn’t want to hear that so I ignored her, then on the 27th we took Sam for her 9 month check up and she LOST weight! The pediatrician said pretty much the say thing “you should be proud that you made it this long” that is strike two if you are counting. Still not wanting to hear this I called the hospital that Sam was born in and asked the lactation consultant what should I do to increase her nursing time. Strike three; she said I should be proud of all of my hard work and that I could keep pumping for the next three months if I wanted her to get mostly breast milk. Well, let me just tell you that not only is pumping a big old pain in my ass it isn’t good at extracting the milk. That means that when I just pump for more than a few days it goes ways. So, my baby is growing up no mater how hard I try to stop it.
On a side note we put up our tree last night and when we turned off the house lights and turned on the tree Sam’s expression was priceless. She loves her tree. I will post picture later.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am so proud of you for sticking with it for over 9 months!! It wasn't always easy, but you did it!! Now because of all your hard work Sam will not only be beautiful, but super smart!! Way to go!!!!
9 months of breastfeeding is fantastic! You are such a conscientious mommy:) Sam is so lucky!
Post a Comment