

Get this…..
Sam has not been nursing for as long has she used to.
Before she would nurse for a good 40 minutes then around 6 months she dropped down to maybe 20-30 minutes total and that was great. But, sometime about a month ago she has dropped down to MAYBE 5 minutes. Sometimes in the morning she will nurse for 10 minutes if I am lucky. I ask a coworker who is a lactation consultant and she said that Sammie might be self weaning. I decided to keep on trying to breast feed. Last night at her 9 month check up her weight dropped. That is right she lost weight! I asked her doctor about the nursing issue and she said the same thing about the self weaning. I thought I made it through all of the breastfeeding struggles and issues and it was suppose to be easy sailing until 1 year. I think about quitting all of the time, but I never once thought Sam was thinking about quitting.
No matter what look how cute she is.
Sam has not been nursing for as long has she used to.
Before she would nurse for a good 40 minutes then around 6 months she dropped down to maybe 20-30 minutes total and that was great. But, sometime about a month ago she has dropped down to MAYBE 5 minutes. Sometimes in the morning she will nurse for 10 minutes if I am lucky. I ask a coworker who is a lactation consultant and she said that Sammie might be self weaning. I decided to keep on trying to breast feed. Last night at her 9 month check up her weight dropped. That is right she lost weight! I asked her doctor about the nursing issue and she said the same thing about the self weaning. I thought I made it through all of the breastfeeding struggles and issues and it was suppose to be easy sailing until 1 year. I think about quitting all of the time, but I never once thought Sam was thinking about quitting.
No matter what look how cute she is.

1 comment:
Self weaning....that little rascal! Just keep trying and if she refuses it then there's nothing you can do! You've done awesome for 9 months!!! I guess you could still pump and give her bottles if she'll take it. Whatever you do, don't feel bad or guilty if you don't make it for a whole year. You are a rockstar!
Post a Comment