Yesterday I stopped for gas in Imperial on Main Street and I had to wait inline for a long time. Slow checker + long line = good conversation with the people in line. I am chatting up a storm with the gentleman in front of me and behind me. We were disusing the usually possibility of snow or ice that evening. After a lull in our great conversation the gentleman behind me says, “Do you need any meats? I have some in my truck”. I look outside and sure enough there is a small truck with a deep freeze in the back. For those of you that know me, you know I have a hard time saying no to people like this. Remember when I had to read the bible with the door knockers in Springfield? Anyway, I said no thank you as nice as I could. He kept pushing with “What you don’t eat boneless, skinless chicken?” For whatever reason I feel the need to lie to this man verses just saying no again. I go into this long story about how I don’t eat a lot of meat, that I don’t have much room in my freezer and that I don’t have a deep freeze for storage.
I guess I am just a people pleaser at heart even to the point that I would rather lie to a complete stranger that I will never see again than tell him no.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I will never forget that bible-thumping event at our old house. Glad you didn't convert;)
Never feel guilty for not buying meats out of a truck.
OMG I just about forgot about the bible incident! I think Randy had a bible moment, too...is that right, Elaine?
Post a Comment