
Week 21
Your Baby: Head's Up
Your fetus weighs just under a pound at 10-11 ounces (300 g), and stands almost 7 inches (almost 18 cm) tall. She still has lots of space to move around in her amniotic bubble, but will begin to settle down toward the end of this trimester. Most babies get into a head-down position, but some don't flip until late in the last trimester. And some turn their heads down at first, only to summersault again later. I read this morning that the baby is the size of a large banana.
Update: So far Becky and Grandma Allen have felt the baby. Grandpa wasn't able because the baby decided to stop moving while I was sitting by him. It feels really weird. I can felt all kinds of stuff going on in there. I can't feel any hiccups, yet. Other than my allergies bothering me I feel great. I had my last run with Becky on Saturday. We went 40 minutes at Arnold Park and it was uncomfortable. It was uncomfortable the day before when I ran so that means no more running for me ) : I can still do the elliptical machine at the gym and walk for exercise. For those of you that love running you will understand why this is a bummer. I just don't feel like I am really exercising if I am walking. But, I will get over it don't worry.
The baby room is coming along. Shane is going to paint the dresser and he and my mom are making curtains for the closet and the widow. I will post pictures as soon as I have them.

2 comments:
Reading this post made me think of when you walked with me so many times when I was pregnant with Kaylei. I even remember you telling me all about the different types of vegetarians ;)
Your "last run" was a good one, but I think you should stick to walking now....don't worry, I am available to walk with you anytime!
Post a Comment