
Well the big day isn’t far away, but I don’t feel like anything big is going to happen. If you believe that you are only as old as you feel I am 18. Looking back on the last 30 years I realize how lucky I am. Let’s recap….
I don’t remember much before 5 but I do remember falling down the stairs while my brother and neighbor Tim were watching me. To stop me from crying they gave me my old binky. (Please note that my brother didn’t push I just fell). I remember eating Charles Chips out of the can (remember they came in bags inside the can). I have a few memories of my babysitter Queeny and her black hair and 70s style décor.
I went to a good elementary. I think my Grandma came and fixed bread with the class once. I sailed a lot and played with my cousins and my parent’s friend’s children. Now knowing how hard life can be I consider myself lucky that I didn’t have any worries has a child. So many kids today don’t have two parents or any parents at home and they have to worry about where their food is going to come from. My biggest problem was I had to clean up my room before the clean lady came and my mom and dad didn’t take me to Hawaii when they went. How lucky was I?
Being a teenager wasn’t as easy (ask my mom) but I didn’t drop out of school or become addicted to drugs or alcohol. Also, I think that I had fun a few times. I made friends that I am proud to say are still my friends today some thirteen years later (Seckman Bs).
High school was FUN. Still again I was lucky to go to a good school, make wonderful friends that I still hang out with and live in a safe neighborhood. I had anything and everything I needed. Sure they were a few high school stresses but looking back I had it GREAT.
College wasn’t always easy but some where along the line my parents taught me about hard work and what it takes to get something you want. I made so many great friends that are still my friends today. This is also the time in my life when I met Shane. I still remember the exact moment I realized he liked me. I remember how comfortable I was with him and how we just seemed to fit together on our very first date. I couldn’t tell you the exact moment I fell in love but I don’t ever remember not loving Shane.
Then all of the sudden I put on a cap and gown and POOF I am an adult. Luckily I found a job that I loved and spent 5 wonderful years there making friendships that will last a life time. We bought our first home and then got married. I still think of October 23, 2004 as one of my best days. Having all of our friends and family together to celebrate our love was so much fun, plus my dress was killer. We bought our current house only a few years later and surprise, about two weeks after we moved in we found out I was pregnant. (I knew there was a reason that I didn’t feel like unpacking besides just being lazy). Most of you followed my pregnancy right here, pretending like you saw a baby in the ultrasounds I posted. I am tempted to say that the last 8 months have been the most exciting of all my 30 years but that isn’t to say that great things didn’t happen to me before Sam was born.
Samantha is 8 months old now and I am just now starting to feel like MAYBE I am not a complete idiot. One of the many things I have learned in the last 8 months is that you can never truly understand how much your parents love you until you have your own child. Don’t get me wrong before Sam was born I knew how great my parents were it is just more powerful now.
When you watch TV you see just how many crazy people there are in this world and I realize that could be any of us. I just so happened to be lucky to have great parents, a wonderful husband, a loving extended family, a amazing group of friends and pretty fanatic child. You may not believe in God but if you think about someone like me and my life you have to say I am truly blessed. Because the people that normally read this blog are my friends and family I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for everything you have ever done for me. Each of you has taught me something that has shaped the person I am today. Please know that I am truly grateful to have you all in my life. Also, I hope that I have positively affected your life. I realized not to long ago (and I am not scared to admit) that I love to laugh and make other people laugh. Their isn’t much that makes me more happy than seeing my friends and family smile or laugh, so I hope that at some point in our relationship you have had a good laugh!!!!
I don’t remember much before 5 but I do remember falling down the stairs while my brother and neighbor Tim were watching me. To stop me from crying they gave me my old binky. (Please note that my brother didn’t push I just fell). I remember eating Charles Chips out of the can (remember they came in bags inside the can). I have a few memories of my babysitter Queeny and her black hair and 70s style décor.
I went to a good elementary. I think my Grandma came and fixed bread with the class once. I sailed a lot and played with my cousins and my parent’s friend’s children. Now knowing how hard life can be I consider myself lucky that I didn’t have any worries has a child. So many kids today don’t have two parents or any parents at home and they have to worry about where their food is going to come from. My biggest problem was I had to clean up my room before the clean lady came and my mom and dad didn’t take me to Hawaii when they went. How lucky was I?
Being a teenager wasn’t as easy (ask my mom) but I didn’t drop out of school or become addicted to drugs or alcohol. Also, I think that I had fun a few times. I made friends that I am proud to say are still my friends today some thirteen years later (Seckman Bs).
High school was FUN. Still again I was lucky to go to a good school, make wonderful friends that I still hang out with and live in a safe neighborhood. I had anything and everything I needed. Sure they were a few high school stresses but looking back I had it GREAT.
College wasn’t always easy but some where along the line my parents taught me about hard work and what it takes to get something you want. I made so many great friends that are still my friends today. This is also the time in my life when I met Shane. I still remember the exact moment I realized he liked me. I remember how comfortable I was with him and how we just seemed to fit together on our very first date. I couldn’t tell you the exact moment I fell in love but I don’t ever remember not loving Shane.
Then all of the sudden I put on a cap and gown and POOF I am an adult. Luckily I found a job that I loved and spent 5 wonderful years there making friendships that will last a life time. We bought our first home and then got married. I still think of October 23, 2004 as one of my best days. Having all of our friends and family together to celebrate our love was so much fun, plus my dress was killer. We bought our current house only a few years later and surprise, about two weeks after we moved in we found out I was pregnant. (I knew there was a reason that I didn’t feel like unpacking besides just being lazy). Most of you followed my pregnancy right here, pretending like you saw a baby in the ultrasounds I posted. I am tempted to say that the last 8 months have been the most exciting of all my 30 years but that isn’t to say that great things didn’t happen to me before Sam was born.
Samantha is 8 months old now and I am just now starting to feel like MAYBE I am not a complete idiot. One of the many things I have learned in the last 8 months is that you can never truly understand how much your parents love you until you have your own child. Don’t get me wrong before Sam was born I knew how great my parents were it is just more powerful now.
When you watch TV you see just how many crazy people there are in this world and I realize that could be any of us. I just so happened to be lucky to have great parents, a wonderful husband, a loving extended family, a amazing group of friends and pretty fanatic child. You may not believe in God but if you think about someone like me and my life you have to say I am truly blessed. Because the people that normally read this blog are my friends and family I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for everything you have ever done for me. Each of you has taught me something that has shaped the person I am today. Please know that I am truly grateful to have you all in my life. Also, I hope that I have positively affected your life. I realized not to long ago (and I am not scared to admit) that I love to laugh and make other people laugh. Their isn’t much that makes me more happy than seeing my friends and family smile or laugh, so I hope that at some point in our relationship you have had a good laugh!!!!

2 comments:
What a great blog entry. My favorite so far. You made me get teary eyed! Happy 30th Carrie! I love you!
I feel that you are one of my most positive and fun-loving friends. I appreciate your energy, and outlook on life. I think about you often and feel so blessed to have met you so long ago and had the opportunity to bond in a way that most roomates don't. Happy 30th birthday!
Post a Comment