Hot and Dark are two words that describe my work situation right now.
A storm came through St. Louis Wednesday night and whipped up the city. Down south we had to go to the basement for about 15 minutes and we only had a few limbs down. When I got to work Thursday morning we only had partial power. It went like this lights yes, A.C. no, cooler no and freezer no. We still had four clients come in for food and they took home canned goods only. We found a refer truck (refrigerated truck) that could run on the lot and keep the cooler food cold so we wouldn’t lose that. The freezer is okay as long as it is not opened for a while. It got hot in the office real fast and we were out of there around 1:30 after we sweated about 3 gallons loading up the truck.
Friday I wore short and a tank top in to work. I was 99% sure we would still be out of electric. (No houses near us) Well, I was right. It was even hotter in the building and it had a stale odor. Some people left while other scratched their heads, what to do. When it looked like another storm was headed our way we decided to call it a day. On my way home my car was blowing around on the highway. I could really feel it moving it was pretty scary. I made it to my parents to take a wonderful nap. It was been an interesting and sweating two days. It is great to see the staff at my work pull together and get the job done. I love my job.
Friday, July 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment