Good news. Drink More Coffee.
A study that looked at 88,000 nurses, the risk of diabetes was 13% lower for those who drank one cup of coffee a day, 42% lower for those who drank two to three cups a day, and 47% lower for those who drank at least four cups a day than those who drank none. (losers)1.
More good news! Drink a beer.
Moderate, alcohol consumption (2 for boys and 1 for girls) is linked to lower risk of diabetes.
A study that looked at 20,000 male physicians (I hope they were off duty), the risk of diabetes was about 25% lower in those who had two to four drinks per week than those who had none. 2. The risk was 33% lower in those who had five to six drinks per week and 43% lower in those who had at least one drink a day. 2.
This weekend I am going to Bunker Hill Ranch Resort with Shane, Sam, mom and dad. I am going to work on lowering my risk of diabetes.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I guess I work on lowering my risk every day :)
Post a Comment