What gives?
I ran my best ½ marathon time ever last Sunday in the Spirit of St. Louis Marathon and apparently that wasn’t good enough for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. They posted only a few race times on Monday. I guess the home opener for the Cardinals took priority. Whatever! I would be will to bet some $$ that none of those ball players could run a ½ or full marathon (I have done both twice). Anyway they, the paper, stated that the rest of the race results would be posted Tuesday. But, much to my surprise I didn’t run fast enough to make the paper. My 9 minute 44 seconds per mile wasn’t good enough for someone at the Post. Whatever! My total race time was 2 hours and 7 minutes they stopped the results at 2 hours and 5 minutes!!!! I know, tell me about it. When I called they said there just wasn’t room and that basically no one looks at them. I had several people I know looking for my name in the paper thank you very much. It probably caused a few headaches because they spent so much time looking at that tiny print.
The guy on the phone informed me that I now have a new goal for next year. Thanks a lot. Maybe I will do just that and show them with an even 2 hours!!!
If you would like to contact the post try www.stltoday.com
Friday, April 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I call total B.S. on that! I bet no one at that damn paper could even run a 1/2 marathon. (you like how I instantly hate the entire staff at the Post)
Post a Comment