
The weather was PERFECT and I felt great for my RACE on Sunday. I ran 10 minute miles for a finish time of 2 hours and 11 minutes. I know that I could or ran about 2 hours and 7-8 minutes but there were too many (stupid) people in the race. That’s right I said stupid. The race officials ask that when you line up to start you stand by the sign that shows about how fast you are going to run the race. That being said one would think that walkers would start about 12-13 minutes per mile not 9 minutes! I can’t believe how many walkers I passed with in the first 3 miles. I was and am pissed!!!! They clog up the race for people trying to make a good time. Here are my suggestions to GO St. Louis.
1. Give walkers a different color bib.
2. When they pick up their packet with bib number they should be told that they MUST start behind the 11 minute mile marker (I think that is generous, it should be more like 12 minutes).
3. Remind them not to walk in rows of more than two people other wise they make it hard to pass.
4. Remind them to walk on the right side of the track. Just like slow cars should stay to the right so should slow people.
All and all it was a great race. I just think I am done with races that size. I am going to go for smaller venues where I can spread out and run. I got to see Shane and Sam two times. Sam had a great time clapping for all of the runners. Shane said she loved it. Then we were treated to a great breakfast with my parents. Sam had a bite of biscuits and gravy.
1. Give walkers a different color bib.
2. When they pick up their packet with bib number they should be told that they MUST start behind the 11 minute mile marker (I think that is generous, it should be more like 12 minutes).
3. Remind them not to walk in rows of more than two people other wise they make it hard to pass.
4. Remind them to walk on the right side of the track. Just like slow cars should stay to the right so should slow people.
All and all it was a great race. I just think I am done with races that size. I am going to go for smaller venues where I can spread out and run. I got to see Shane and Sam two times. Sam had a great time clapping for all of the runners. Shane said she loved it. Then we were treated to a great breakfast with my parents. Sam had a bite of biscuits and gravy.

2 comments:
Great pic.
I agree with you. I would say 11 min miles for walkers is too generous. Walkers should be behind the 12 min mile sign FOR SURE. They sure as heck shouldn't be at the 9 min mile!! They're obviously not trying to RACE and achieve a PR...but you were! You did awesome anyway. Even with the stupid people in your way!
You look great! I'm sorry you were slowed by walkers, but it seems like you still did an amazing job:)
Post a Comment