The Heat kicked my butt today. I was running with Becky and we planned a nice 9 miles. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem for me. I ran 7 with her two weeks ago. But, I had to work this morning so we got a late start 8:45 and the heat took my down. I couldn’t finish I only did 7.5 miles. I started to feel light headed and I didn’t want to pass out 3 miles away from the car so I had Becky go on while I turned around and ran back to the car. It is hard for me to admit that I quit or gave up it is hard for any runner. But, next week we are running like 9-10 and we are getting up early. Becky finished out a study 9 miles each mile was about 9:40 minutes. Rock star!
On a fun note last Saturday I got the BEST service at a Subway in Pevely. I was so impressed that I sent in a letter the very next Monday. I wanted to let the employee know that her kindness and good service didn’t go unnoticed. The owner of that franchise sent me a letter back thanking me for the kind letter. They included two coupons for free 6” sandwiches. How great is that? I have always noted good service but only recently started writing letters. It came from a good friend at work that said we should send one positive letter for every negative letter so that is what I have been doing. I encourage everyone to give it a try. You might get a free sandwich too.
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mmmmmm....free sammy.
Post a Comment